Big Triangle Pond Mineral Exploration Access Road
Proponent: Eagleridge International Limited
Summary of Environmental Assessment Process
Eagleridge International Limited intends to construct an 11 kilometre access road from the
Trans Canada Highway, near Big Triangle Pond southeast toward Conns Pond. The road is
being constructed to provide access to mineral exploration activity in the area which is
being contemplated. The road will be six metres wide with a 20 metre right-of-way. There
are two known water crossings. Mineral exploration may include ground geo-physics, soil
sampling, drilling and trenching. Construction is anticipated to commence in late 2013
and continue into 2014.
- September 16, 2013 - The undertaking was registered.
- October 23, 2013 - Deadline for public comments.
- October 31, 2013 - The minister’s decision is due.
- November 19, 2013 - Environmental preview report required.
- December 3, 2013 - Environmental Assessment Committee Appointed.
- January 23, 2014 - Environmental Preview Report Guidelines Issued.
- February 21, 2014 - Environmental Preview Report Submitted.
- April 10, 2014 - Minister's Decision Extended.
- May 14, 2014 - Minister's Decision Extended.
- June 10, 2014 - Minister's Decision Extended.
- October 14, 2014 - The Minister announced that the project is released.
- January 27, 2015 - Appeal of the Minister's Decision.
- October 16, 2015 - Plans Approved.
- February 17, 2016 - Appeal of the Minister's Decision.
- May 24, 2016 - Appeal Complete.
- June 24, 2016 - Additional Appointment to Environmental Assessment
- Public Notices:
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free