Projects - Government Buildings
Location: Clarenville, Corner Brook, and Grand Bank
Funding Amount: $2,000,000
Current Status: Complete
Estimate GHG reduction Potential: 1800+ tonnes of GHG (CO2 equivalents) per year
Part of the initial commitment of the Newfoundland and Labrador Green Fund was used to promote energy efficiency in government buildings. To date energy efficiency upgrades have been included in five newly constructed buildings. The funds where used to help subsidize the costs of installing ground source heat pumps, which are well known as an efficient way to heat and cool buildings.
The improvements were done on the following buildings:
- • Clarenville Long Term Care Facility (335t),
- • Corner Brook Long Term Care Facility (499t),
- • Corner Brook Law Courts (490t),
- • Corner Brook Supervised Care Bungalows (~184t), and
- • Grand Bank Medical Clinic (314t).
It is expected that significant energy saving will be achieved thorough the installation of these added energy efficiency measures.